Sergio Alejandro Sandoval Reyes
InglÃÂ©s II ComunicaciÃÂ³n escrita // Unit 10
1) Read the closing paragraphs below and say whether they express a balanced consideration or the writer's opinion. UNIT 10 POINT 4 PAGE 65
1. In conclusion, getting married has, to my mind, more advantages than disadvantages. After all, what can be more fulfilling than a steady relationship with the person you love that lasts for the rest of your life?
This one expresses the writerÃÂ´s opinion. It is obvious, I mean, the writer even says "to my mind".
2. To sum up, camping holidays do have advantages, the main one being that they are far cheaper than other holidays. In my opinion, however, there is too much hard work involved for them to ever feel like a real holiday.
This one expresses the writerÃÂ´s opinion. At the beginning of the paragraph, he states an argument for camping holidays; however, he says that, 'in his opinion', the hard work doesn't let it feel like a real holiday.
It is a good argument, though.
3. To conclude, by looking after animals and helping them to breed, zoos play an important part in protecting many species from becoming extinct. Therefore, the negative aspects of keeping animals in captivity are balanced out by the positive ones.
This one expresses a balanced consideration. The writer state that it has some negative aspects but they are balanced by some positive ones. He is not neither for nor against it.
4. All in all, computers have both advantages and disadvantages. They may have replaced humans in many jobs, but they also made our lives considerably easier, and it is now difficult to imagine life without them.
This one expresses a balanced consideration. The writer state that it has some negative aspects...