ABIC MW-1 2003
The MW-1 2003 Contract was developed and published by the Royal Australian Institute of Architects (RAIA) and the Master Builders Association (MBA). This contract is the revised edition of the original ABIC MW-1 2001 contract
AS 4000 1997 General Conditions of Contract
The AS 4000 contract was developed through the joint Standards Australia & Standards New Zealand Committee OB/3. The contract was developed as a result of a consensus to push for the contract to become an Australian Standard. Organizations that were approached in the development of the contract were:
* The Royal Australian Institute of Architects
* Australian Chamber of Commerce
* Australian Procurement and Construction Council
* Master Builders of Australia
* Electricity Supply Association
* Association of Consulting Engineers, Australia
GC21 (Edition 1) General Conditions of Contract
The GC21 Construction Contract was developed and prepared in conjunction with many organizations. They are:
* Department of Commerce
* Department of Housing
* Roads and Traffic Authority
* State Rail Authority
* Sydney Water
Legal advice provided during the development of the GC21 Contract was provided by Baker & McKenzie Pty Ltd.
Major differences in general approach/philosophies.
ABIC MW-1 2003
* The MW-1 contract was developed to create clear understanding across all parties and implement efficient administration with clearly defined procedures.
* ;Encourages resolution of claims and dispute matters at the time of arousal through, through cooperative administration and communication
* The contract is considered be pro architects, as it has been developed to reduce liabilities to the architects.
* Parties are encouraged to clearly understand their roles, responsibilities and expectations.
* Sets out to develop a clear logical systematically structure that reflects the construction tasks & processors.
* Encourages the allocation of all project risks equally among the parties (subcontract, principal...) to eliminate...