Today, we will be looking at the corporate culture of Walt Disney Company. Walt Disney Company has a very distinctive corporate culture. It is a culture that is deliberate and well thought out.
When looking for a formal statement prevalent within a company, our initial direction is to search for a mission statement. Searching through the official website of Walt Disney Company, no such mission statement can be found. We can, however, find a list of commitment that the Board has pledged to (savedisney.com):
1. Business Standards and Ethics - The Walt Disney Company's business and ethical standards are fundamental to how the company operates, and include workplace policies, hiring, training, business conduct guidelines, and ethical and legal standards.
2. Corporate Governance - We are committed to governance policies and practices that promote thoughtful and independent representation of shareholder interests.
3. Community - We are dedicated to making the dreams of families and children a reality through public service initiatives, community outreach and volunteerism in the communities where we live and work around the world.
4. Disney's Environmentality - The Walt Disney Company is committed to balancing environmental stewardship with its corporate goals and operations worldwide.
5. International Labor Standards - We are committed to the promotion and maintenance of responsible international labor practices in our licensing and direct sourcing operations throughout the world.
6. Safety and Security - The safety of our guests and our cast members is of paramount importance to us and is evident in programs throughout the company and in our ongoing review and improvement of these programs as needed.
Slogans and Language
Walt Disney Company's terminology goes a long way in promoting its culture. Walt Disney does not have employees, they have cast members. They have a role to play in the...