2. What DBMSÃÂs do you recommend for the Bead Bar?All DBMSÃÂs have 6 major functions;1. Manage Data Storage Databases-can hold huge amounts of data.
2. Transforming data into information- is making the data smaller by storing it by numbers, instead of letters.
3. Provides security- the database management system controls access to who can add, view, change, or delete data and controls access to who can change the underlying structure of the database.
4. Allows for multi user access- which allows multiple users to access basic database functions.
5. Database programming and query language- DBMSÃÂs have their own programming languages. Database developers and end users use a data manipulation language (DML) to enter, modify, delete, and retrieve data from a database.
6. A data dictionary- contains data about the characteristics of databases within the DBMS. A database developer or database administrator will use the data dictionary to create the correct data structures.
Bead Bar requires an Enterprise DBMS that is appropriate for organizations that have multiple locations, stores large amounts of data, provides price information to stores and customers, and connect with the Web. Implementing a distributed database system will; track inventory levels, up-date daily sales, send/receive sales, financial information, and keep on file customer profiles.
There are 4 common types of database models;1. Flat Files Model- store data in a basic table structure and work with basic applications. Handheld computers allow users to store their own data or download text tables from the Web.
2. Hierarchical Model- organizes database systems in an up-side down structure. It may be fast when searching for something, but it has limited storage (can not be connect with any other files) and is not very flexible.
3. Network Model- has no restrictions on the links between files. This makes the...