2. - Introduction
- Problem definition
3. - Demarcation
- Has the quality of music decreased?
4. - What were the causes of the CD replacing vinyl?
- What advantages does mp3 have over CDs?
5. - What advantages does mp3 have over
6. - Are there any similarities between the transfer from vinyl to CD and the suspected transfer from CD to mp3?
- Do mp3 downloads affect CD sales in a negative way?
7. - Literature review
8. - At which stage of Porters Product Life Cycle model is the product CD?
9. - At which stage of Porters Product Life Cycle model is the product CD? - continued
10. - How saturated is the CD market and what are the consequences?
11. - Abstract
12. - Appendix
13. - References
The music industry blames mp3 downloading for the loss of CD sales.
However, research (Oberholzer & Strumpf, 2004) has shown that the effect of downloads on music sales is indistinguishable from zero.
This is very much alike the 70's, when vinyl was replaced by
My aim in this paper is to find out whether the CD is at the end of its Product Life Cycle, or is there another cause for the drop in CD sales, for example mp3 downloading, which is increasingly popular. Will music...