1. How do customers and Car Direct each benefit from the online marketing?
The advantages for both the customer and the CarDirect are:
For the customers:
It is very convenient to speak for the product in every place every time in a day. And the detail information about the company, product, competitor, and price is very clear to know from the online marketing. It also offers other advantages like don't need go out from home, or don't need to join a queue. And because you buy the thing only from the director, so it's has a low cost. It is very cheaper for you.
For the CarDirect there have many advantages:
- Adapt to the marketing quickly: the company can add the product rapidly. Change the price and the specification.
- Low cost: it can reduce the cost of print and post throw communication exchange with Internet. It also can sell product without shop, hair, water and electricity's fee, the cost of people.
- Made relationships: the CarDirect can chat with them to make relations.
- The information from the Internet: they can know how many people had visited their website and which part they had stayed. This information can help them to change the supply and the advertising. And that every company can use the Internet resource. Compare with the media, it has a little limits and it's very plenty and adapt very quickly.
2. Outline CarDirect's marketing. What the problems do you see with its strategy?
- They set up website offering consumers performance, pricing and dealer information and model specific chat room.
- Carpoint.com and Ford Motor Company are looking into developing a site that would allow consumer to order car directly from the factory.
- Trilogy Software of Austin, Texas, is funding CarOrder.com. Then,