Luis Cruz Medical Assisting II Period 4 February 8th, 2014
Coronary Bypass Surgery Report
Members of the Surgical Team:
1. Dr. Slater (Surgeon) - The responsibilities for the surgeon are to preform the surgery.
2. Lenny (Physicians Assistant) - The responsibilities of the Physician assistant is to help the
3. Maria (Scrub Nurse) - The responsibilities for the scrub nurse is to help the surgical team prep for surgery. For example, sanitizing the tools.
4. Holly, Terry (Circulating Nurse) - The responsibilities for the Circulating nurse is to take notes and count for the tools and hand to the surgical team. 5. Angela , Jim (Perfusionist) -the responsibility for the Perfusionist is to check and control the heart lung machine and to check on cardioplasia. 6. Dr. Rosenham (Anesthesiologist)
- the responsibilities for the anesthesiologist is to provide the anesthesia for
Arteries that were Occluded 1. Left Anterior Descending Artery (80%) 2.
Left Circumflex Artery
Describe the blood vessels that are utilized as the grafts.
1. Saphenous Vein (They used the Laparoscopy procedure)* 2. Internal Mammary Artery (They used Anastomosis Procedure)*
1*. Laparoscopy is a surgery that uses a thin, lighted tube put through a cut (incision) and then takes the vein being used and prepped to be stitched in the heart.
2*. Anastasmosis is a surgical connection between two structures. It usually means a connection that is created between tubular structures, such as blood vessels
Research and Write the procedure for the Coronary Bypass Surgery After general anesthesia is administered, the surgeon removes the veins or prepares the arteries for grafting.Minimally invasive coronary artery bypass (MIDCAB) surgery is an option for some patients who require a left internal mammary artery (LIMA) bypass graft to the left anterior descending (LAD) artery.
Other minimally invasive surgery techniques include endoscopic or...