So you want to be a creative writer? Well here are some simple steps to become one.
1) Get a journal/notebook and a pen/pencil that you can carry with you so if you get to thinking creative then you can jot it down wherever you are.
2) Find a spot that you enjoy so you can go there when you feel like writing (i.e. A desk, a tree house, the library, or wherever you feel comfortable)
3) Read this and get some ideas.
Some people have imaginations and others don't. If you are either one you can become a creative writer. To get your ideas flowing try these short writing exercises. If your brain freezes up just write "Can't think, can't think.." until it starts moving again. The trick is never stop writing.
- If you have a twin what would life be like without your twin (details are better, but don't be too descriptive) and if you don't have a twin, imagine you do and tell what they would be like.
- What is your dream house/car/family/vacation.
- What happened to you in the past 3 days.
See how easy that was? Read over your writing and see if you like it. If you do, that is great. If not DO NOT throw them away.. save them for a rainy day when you can work on it more until it is to your liking.
No matter who you are there is always something to write about and as for me, I love creative writing. I do it everyday and have about 4 notebooks full of my writings and 2 floppy discs full.
I hope this helps you when it comes to your writing.