Individual Strengths and Problem Solving Techniques
This two-part assignment enables you to reflect on your individual strengths and problem-solving skills as they apply to the group process and decision making. Prepare a 1,050- to 1,750-word paper formatted according to APA guidelines. The paper must be organized according to the following categories:
a. Part 1: Individual Strengths and the Group Process
1) Describe a group setting or scenario in which you have worked or of which you are currently a part.
2) What are the strengths and skills that you have brought to this group setting? How have they benefited the group?
3) Are there any drawbacks your strengths and skills have brought to the group? Describe how they have affected the group.
4) How have other group membersÃÂ¿ strengths and skills affected the group process?
5) What are some skills you could improve on to foster a more effective group environment? How can you improve these skills?
b. Part 2: Problem Solving Techniques and Group Decision Making
1) What problem solving techniques do you know or use regularly?
2) How do your techniques influence group decisions?
3) What other problem solving techniques could you use when making group decisions?
4) What can you do to develop or improve your problem solving techniques?
Individual Strengths and Problem-Solving
Groups, or teams, by definition are "people working together to achieve a shared goal" (Engleberg & Wynn, 2010, p.
2). Even though it remains unexpected for individuals to be well-rounded, groups ought to be (Covert, n.d.). This essay will examine a personal reflection in the area of individual strengths and problem-solving skills. These strengths and skills will be under assessment amidst the scenario of a specified group process.
The Patient Satisfaction Committee is in place to assemble individuals from differing...