1. The Inca lived along the western coast of South America.
2. The Incas were conquered by Francisco Pizarro.
3. Pizarro conquered the Inca Empire by arranging a meeting with the ruler, capturing him, and eventually executing him.
4. The Incan Quecha language still exist today.
5. Cortes conquered the Aztec empire.
6. Tenochtitlan is now present day Mexico City.
7. Montezuma welcomed Cortes because he thought he was a god.
8. The Spanish conquered the Aztecs because many died from disease, the Spanish had guns, and the Aztec ruler was no longer trusted by his people and was therefore not an effective leader.
9. The Columbian Exchange was the movement of animals, plants, people and diseases from the Old World to the New World and from the New World to the old. Cocoa, corn, potatoes, peppers, and tomatoes grew in Central and South America. The Spanish discovered these foods and took them back to Europe.
10. Some results of the Columbian Exchange : coffee and sugar were introduced, diseases were introduced, and the horse was introduced.
11. The horse helped natives hunt better.
12. After indigenous people died out from warfare and disease, Africans were chosen as a labor source.
13. The Triangular Trade mainly took part in Africa, Europe, and the Americas.
14. Many Latin Americans have ancestors from Africa because of slavery.
15. During the triangular trade slaves were traded for goods. Slaves were transported from Africa to the Caribbean. Goods were shipped to Europe as a result of the Triangular Trade.
16. Toussaint L'Ouverture fought to free slaves in Haiti.
17. Toussaint read lots of books especially about freedom and equality.
18. Haiti was the first country in Latin America to fight for and gain independence.
19. Bolivar fought against the Spanish. He was known as...