THE PROMOTIONAL TOOLSADVERTISING1. PERVASIVENESS: Advertising permits the seller to repeat a message many times. It also allows the buyer to compare messages of various competitors. Large scale advertising says something positive about the seller size, power and success.
2. AMPLIFIED EXPRESSIVENESS: Advertising provides opportunities for dramatizing the company and its products through the artful print sound color.
ADVERTISING CAN BE USED TO BUILD UP A LONG TERM IMAGE FOR A PRODUCTPROMOTIONThe promotion mix within the marketing mix includes advertising, sales promotion and personal selling. Product promotion means making the product popular among the consumers and raising its sales through suitable measures the basic purpose is to widen the scope of marketing.
sales promotion means the promotional activities other than personal salesmanship, advertising and publicity which stimulate consumer purchasing and dealer effectiveness through displays, exhibitions, demonstrations, free samples, discounts, premium etc. it is plus ingredient in marketing mix it act as bridge link in between advertising and personal salesmanship.
It acts as a supporting facility to advertising and personal selling.
FEATURES OF SALES PROMOTION1. SALES PROMOTION ACTS AS A TOOL IN MARKETING TO LUBRICATE MARKETING EFFORTS.
2. IT IS NECESSARY IN PRESENT COMPETITIVE WORLD AND CONSUMER ORIENTED MARKETING3. IT SUPPORTS ADVERTISING AND PERSONAL SELLING.
4. IT AMIS STIMULATING CONSUMER PURCHASING AT POINT OF SALE.
5. IT PROVIDES MORE SALES AND PROFITS TO PRODUCERS AND DEALERSNEED OF SALES PROMOTION1. FOR UNLOADING ACCUMULATED INVENTORY.
2. FOR INTRODUCING NEW PRODUCTS.
3. FOR OVERCOMING SEASONAL SLUMPS.
4. FOR SUPPORTING ADVERTISING CAMPAIGN.
5. FOR GETTING NEW ACCOUNTS.
5. FOR SUPPORTING AND SUPPLEMENTING SALESMAN EFFORTS.
OBJECTIVES OF SALES PROMOTION1. TO RAISE VOLUME OF SALES OF PRODUCT.
2. TO RAISE BUYING RESPONSE AND POTENTIAL CONSUMERS.
THREE MARKETING PROMOTION STRATEGYA] DEFINE YOUR VP-up stands for value proposition and it is critical to define what unique value you can bring...