Message authentication and hash function
SUBMIITED TO by
Miss anupma singh
This is my proud privilage that i got the oppurtunity to make the term project on the topic Message authentication and Hash function. I am thankful to my teacher Miss Anupma singh for giving me this project.
Master of computer Application
TABLE OF CONTENTS
TOPIC PAGE NO
SECURITY PROVIDED BY THEM 15
1. Authentication plays an important role in Point to Point Protocol (PPP) because PPP is designed for use over dial-up links where verification of user identity is necessary. It is the subcategory part of Cryptography of Network Security.
2. Authentication means validating the identity of a user who needs to access a set of resources.
3. Message Authentication is concerned with protecting the integrity of a message and validating identity of originator.
4. In message Authentication we will consider all the security requirements. For this three alternative function used:
* Message encryption
* Message Authentication Code (MAC)
* Hash Function
5. Hash function is like MAC. Hash function helps arbitrary message to fixed the sized .We usually assume that the Hash function is public keyed.
6. Hash function can detect the changes made to the message with allover view.
7. We will surprise to know about Hash function which is used for simple function based on XOR of message blocks.
How An Authentication and Hash function Used :-
Message Authentication fix the sized of authentication for some message and provide authentication for message and provide authentication for message by using block cipher mode or Hash function .Hash function condense arbitrary size message in blocks through some compression function either custom or...