I have discovered two major issues that Non Stop Yacht S.L. will have to deal with. These issues are:
* The financial projections are set too high
* We have more attention focused on web-based customers instead of direct/walk-in customers
The reasons for these issues are:
* By focusing just on web-based customers leaves the direct/walk-in customers available to the competition. We need to tap into both the web and direct customer market to be able to meet financial projections
* Sales will not be able to have sufficient increases without an emphasis on gaining direct customers
* There is not enough locations to gain a sufficient direct/walk-in customer base
There are two frames of reference that are most relevant to the issues of NSY.
* Technical- Digress away from the web-based customers to better expand business and increase sales.
* Marketing- There will need to be additional marketing methods introduced to compliment the walk in locations.
These will draw the in-store customer base that will be needed to successfully increase the direct customer base.
There was a need to perform a SWOT analysis in order to find alternatives to the issues that I stated above.
- Mega Yacht E-Commerce and competition intensity is low
- Provide captains and crew with information and the ability to shop online for parts and services
- High potential for growth
- Provide specially made and rare parts
- Large network of suppliers
- Efficient buying and shipping process
- Need to build direct/walk-in customer base
- Failed to reach sales forecast in the second year and has yet to break even
- Low cash flow
- Unattractive website
- No brand recognition
- Sign agreement with Palmer Johnson or National Marine
- Growth through repair and refit yards and...