Research Assignment: The Olympic Games.
1) Provide a brief history of the Olympic games, where it started and what was its intended purpose.
The first Olympic games were part of a religious festival held in honour of Zeus. The Olympics was named so after Olympia where the first games were held, Olympia itself gained it's name from Mt Olympus, which was said to be the home of the gods. The first games were held in 370 BC at Greece. The first modern Olympic games were held in 1896, which were started by Baron Pierrede Courbetin.
2) How is Presently organized and administered.
The Olympics if run by the International Olympic Committee (IOC), Organizing Committees of the Olympic Games (OCOGs), the National Olympic Committees (NOCs) and the International Federations.
3) What is the philosophy and aims of the Olympic movement?
The aims of the Olympic movement are to promote the Olympic spirit of peaceful competition between countries.
So that countries from all over the world can participate in competitive game without any conflicts.
4) Explain how Olympic participation and involvement leads to closer links between countries.
The participation in the Olympic games leads to closer links between countries by helping build cooperation and good will between different countries.
5) Specifically referring to Australia. How have we benefited by both hosting and participating in the Olympics.
When we hosted the Olympic in Sydney there was a great big boost in tourism and the economic because of the large amount of tourists that also came with a large cash inflow. Participating in the Olympic games sets a standard for Australia it portrays our country as a strong and sporting country and gives us a good image.
6) Select and one contemporary issue or problem that has to be addressed in organized and...