Oracle Communications 9
For over three and a half decades, Oracle has been the leader of database software around the world. Starting out originally as Software Development Laboratories in 1977, the founder of Oracle, Larry Ellison, seized the opportunity to start something great. He believed that he could create "a working prototype for a relational database". He then gave his idea to cofounders Bob Miners and Ed Oates who saw that there was potential in Ellison's idea of a relational database model.
In recent times through the development of Oracle's technology and communication skills they have expanded their servers, storage, database, middleware, applications, and cloud. Oracle has proved that they lead in "innovations and its awareness for their customers' challenges and successes which are analyzed by the best technical and business minds in the world" which has provided a sturdy ground state for the future of their business.
As for the future, Oracle is planning to supply their customers with hardware and software that has been engineered to work in a way that will meet all aspects of a business, including solving problems.
Timeline: Over 30 Years
- Founded as a consulting firm in a 900 sqft office in Santa Clara, California under the name Software Development Laboratories.
- Picked up contract to build a special program code-named Oracle with the CIA
- Oracle launches its applications division, with seven employees
- Company builds application software that integrates closely with its database to bring unprecedented levels of processing power to essential business activities
- Establishes consulting and support services
- Larry Ellison announces Oracles flagship product: Oracles Database
- Establishment of Oracle Application Server 4.0
- Unprecedented global event held on six continents within 24-hour period in January, Oracle delivers...