Case Study Questions Week #4 MSA620 Pike Place World Famous Fish Market.
1. What are the four Essential Creative Principles, and how does each one contribute to the success of the Pike Place Fish Market?
1) Play: Play is not just an activity; it's a state of mind that brings new energy to tasks and sparks creative solutions.
2) Make Their Day: When you make someone's day through a small act of kindness, you can turn routine encounters into special memories.
3) Be There: In other words, help one another cope. Being there is also a way to practice wholeheartedness and fight burnout - after all, it's the half-hearted tasks performed while juggling other things that wear out employees.
4) Choose Your Attitude: When you look for the worst, you find it everywhere. When you learn you have the power to choose your response to what life brings, you can look for the best and find opportunities you never imagined possible.
2. How has John Yokohama's approach to management evolved since the early days of the Fish Market?
John Yokohama managed his business like every other operating small business with a heavy hand. He used intimidation, centralized rules and structure. Until there business was very lean on profits and had to come up with a solution. The group of employee's had a roundtable discussion to come up with a solution to save there company and jobs. The visions created where; be your own boss, be responsible for your own actions and control your own fortune. These visions have become the backbone to a lasting model of success. John Yokohama's employees are committed, honest and loyal to a business that you're paid to throw fish to your fellow customers.
3. How does Pike's Place use coaching to train...