Potential Competitors: Low
- Rivalry among existing firms is intense, which affect the profits to be low. It¡¦s unattractive to the potential competitors.
- High initial investments and fixed costs such as lease a fleet of safe and reliable aircraft, negotiate reasonable gate access and landing fees as well as high labor and fuel costs.
- There are the price competitions in the airline industry, which some major airlines offer the low-price fares that is very difficult for new entrants to gain enough profit to cover the investment and fix cost in this industry.
Rivalry among Existing Firms: High
- Currently, there are many major airlines such as Delta, United and American that exist in the same market as Jet Blue.
Those airline companies have used similar strategies as JetBlue. United and American Airline flies to the same cities as Jet Blue and appeal to the business travelers who have the least sensitivity on price.
- Airline industry is extremely sensitive to economic cycles. Mature industry life cycle.
The Bargaining Power of Buyers: Medium to High
- Internet gives the power to the customers to search for the low fares.
- Leisure travelers who are not sensitive with the price and most of them are loyalty to the particular industry that offer the best service and offer the best flying experience.
- There are many airlines in the market that offers the same flying experience in the low-price.
Bargaining Power of Suppliers: High
- Boeing and Airbus are the only two suppliers of new aircraft for commercial passenger airlines. This allows them to have power of suppliers in the
- Airline workers are unionized, which let them have power of labor supply.
- OPEC countries have the significant impact...