German Sweet Chocolate Cake Ingredients: 1 Pkg. (4oz.) Bakers German Sweet Chocolate ÃÂ½ cup boiling water 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine 2 cups sugar 4 eggs, separated 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2teaspoon salt 1 cup buttermilk Steps: 1. Melt chocolate in water; cool.
2. Beat butter and sugar.
3. Beat in egg yolks.
4. Stir in vanilla and chocolate.
5. Mix flour, soda, and salt.
6. Beat in chocolate mixture alternately with buttermilk.
7. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
8. Pour in three 9-inch layer pans, lined on bottom with waxed paper.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly pressed in center.
10. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pans, finish cooling on racks.
11. Spread Coconut-Pecan Frosting between layers and over top of cake.
Makes 12 servings.
Coconut-Pecan Frosting: 1. Combine 1 ÃÂ½ cups (12 fl.
Oz. can) evaporated milk, 1 ÃÂ½ cups sugar, 4 slightly beaten egg yolks, ÃÂ¾ cup butter or margarine and 1 ÃÂ½ teaspoons vanilla in saucepan.
2. Cook and stir over medium heat until thicken.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Stir 2 cups Bakers Angel Flake Coconut and 1 ÃÂ½ cups chopped pecans.
5. Cool until thicken enough to spread.
White Velvet Cake II Ingredients: 1 ÃÂ½ cups butter softened 1 ÃÂ½ cups white sugar 2 eggs 1 cup buttermilk 1 teaspoon baking soda 2 cups all-purpose flour ÃÂ½ teaspoon salt ÃÂ½ cup butter flavored shortening (8 ounce) package cream cheese 4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar 1 tablespoon milk Steps: 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour 2 round 8 inch pans. Sift flour and salt and set aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and mix well. Dissolve baking soda in...