What is the situation facing Robin Hood?
Robin Hood was in the second year of his insurrection against the High Sheriff of Nottingham. Though it started as a personal crusade for Robin Hood against the Sheriff and his administration, allies, men with grievances and a deep sense of justice joined him. He spent the first year forging the group into a disciplined band, united in enmity against the Sheriff and willing to live outside the law.
Strategies adopted by the band:
The main mission statement of the band was to fight against the High Sheriff and his administration. The band was operating on the motto " Rob the rich and give to the poor". The various different strategies adopted by the band are as follows:
* Robin Hood spent the first year in forging the group into a disciplined band and uniting people against the sheriff.
* Robin Hood made all the important decisions and he held the supreme position of the group.
* Specific people were delegated with specific jobs, such as intelligence and scouting, training the manpower, managing the finances, etc.
* The band welcomed everyone who wants and has a willingness to serve, without asking many questions.
* Robin Hood believed that strength lies in numbers. Higher the numbers-Higher the strength.
Analysis and Evaluation:
* The size of the band was going on increasing, and it had become a difficult task of provisioning the ever increasing band of merry men.
* The small bivouac had become a major encampment and in between the raids the members of the band were wasting their time by talking and playing games.
* Vigilance in the group was on a decline and enforcing the discipline was becoming harder and harder.
* Robin Hood, himself was unaware of most...