1. Observe= what is wrong?
2. Ask a question= what can I do?
3. Data= collect information
4. Hypothesis= a statement that both explains the observation and can be tested
*Clue to remember this in order!*
Oscar's Apples Don't Heal Every Cancer.
To collect data, you must observe. Observation uses at least one of the five senses.
Two Types of Data:
1. quantitative data= numbers
2. qualitative data= descriptions
Types of Experiments:
1. controlled experiment= compare control group to an experimental group
*control group does not have the factor that you are
*experimental group does have the factor being tested
Types of Microscopes:
1. light= the ones most used in classrooms
2. electron= uses a beam of electrons instead of light; approximately 200,000 times stronger than light microscopes