Lyndon state is committed to excellence in instruction and to providing responsive, innovative education in business, meteorology and other programs. LSC provides students with opportunities to participate in a wide spectrum of educational experiences designed to fulfill their academic and career needs. LSC encourage students to seek knowledge and wisdom as lifelong learners. Students are motivated to expand their human potential, enrich the quality of their lives, and develop the job skills and other competencies necessary to function in a diverse world. It welcomes students both young and old who represent diverse educational, ethnic, national, and economic backgrounds.
* Positive reputation in the community
* Student-centered faculty
* Outstanding faculty
* Focused on undergraduates
* Good staff
* Excellent students
* Facilities include new and well-maintained, attractive buildings
* Medium size campus with small class size
* Faculty involvement with students
* Dedicated and motivated faculty
* A technology rich environment
* Supports research and development
* Tuition is too high
* Curriculum too restrictive; too rigid
* Minority enrollment is low
* Not enough faculty/staff
* Lack of diversity in both faculty and students
* Limited course offerings
* Ability to reach folks through outreach
* Networking with other institutions
* Growth potential
* Development of more short intensive courses and online courses.
More student input is needed to schedule classes that are more attuned to students' lifestyles and work constraints.
* Development of other graduate programs beside education.
* Funding and a priority on education are currently at high levels, providing a good climate for implementing new programs.
* The great growth in Internet and web-based technologies provides opportunities to serve others better.
* LSC student enrollment may decrease as alternate educational options develop.
Online course offerings from other institutions.