Jumpstarting a Car
1.) Finding someone with a car that starts
- only jumpstart your car as a last resort if you cant get a tow truck to come get you
- **- try calling A.A.A
2.) Jump starting
- Jump starting a car is dangerous, so you must be very cautious when doing so
- First open the hood of both your car and the person helping you
- Connect one of the red clamps to the positive (+) part of the battery, this part will in most cases have a red cover
- Connect one of the black clamps to the same battery on the negative side (-)
- Now connect the cables the same way to your car
- Make sure you do them one at a time to make sure you don't get electrocuted
- start up the car of the person helping you and rev the engine
- at the same time of doing so turn the ignition of your car
- if you have followed these steps correctly your car should start
3.) The alternator
- In most cases when you have to jumpstart your car, the problem is most likely the alternator.
- What this piece of equipment does is it uses the energy generated by your car to recharge the battery.
- If your car uses a carburetor then jumpstarting will allow the engine to keep running until you shut the car off.
- However if your car uses fuel injection then your car will not jumpstart
- If your car is fuel injected and still starts with the aid of a jumpstart , that means that your problem is a dead battery and you should immediately invest in a new one, or try to charge it with a proper battery charger...