Common Genetically Inherited Diseases
Some genetically inherited diseases are the following :-
* Heart disease: coronary atherosclerosis, high blood pressure, hyperlipidemia
* Cancer: retinoblastomas, colon, stomach, endometrium, lung, bladder, breast, skin (melanoma)
* Neurological illnesses and disorders: Alzheimer's disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (Lou Gehrig's disease), Gaucher's disease, Huntington's disease, multiple sclerosis, neurofibromatosis, Parkinson's disease, Tay-Sachs disease, Tourette's syndrome, Brain Tumor.
* Mental illnesses and behavioral conditions: alcoholism, anxiety disorders, attention deficit disorder, eating disorders, manic depression, schizophrenia.
* Other genetic diseases: Cleft lip and cleft palate, clubfoot, cystic fibrosis, Duchenne muscular dystrophy, galactosemia, hemophilia, Hurler's syndrome, Marfan's syndrome, phenylketonuria, sickle cell disease, Thalassemia, Arthritis and Osteoporosis, Depression, Fabry's Disease
* Medical conditions with genetic links: arthritis, asthma, baldness, migraine headaches, obesity, periodontal disease, speech disorders, eyesight problems.