1. To observe changes in way of life of an ant colony of sugar ants when the temperature, amount of light and time of day are different.
2. Observe what ants in a peanut butter jar choose to eat (if they choose to eat in the first place).
I really like ants so that is the main reason I chose to study them. I also like the fact that there are many more ants then there are humans therefore if I accidentally kill one there is still a plentiful amount of ants left over.
1. Ant nest
2. Different types of food
4. Temperature changes
6. Small stones such as pebbles
7. Peanut butter jar
Find the Food that Ants Favor
1. Food is placed outside nest.
2. Observe and time the amount of time that it takes for the ants to scout out and take back the food.
3. Find out what is favored by the ants and then try it out with worker ants in a jar.
4. Observe the food choices they have and then record in a graph.
The Effects of Changing Temperatures on an Ants Nest
1. Observe the speed of ants on a cold and hot day.
2. After one minute record the amount of ants outside the nest.
3. Place all the data found into a graph.
Find the Preferred Time of Day for the Different Ant Colonies
1. Observe and count the number of ants scouting around during different times of day.
2. Observe and count the number of ants scouting around at nighttime.
3. Record this data and place it in a graph.
Food Choices of Ants
"h 4 sugar ants ÃÂ¡V...