A SWOT Analysis is a strategic planning tool used to evaluate the Strengths, Weakness, Opportunities, and Threats.
* We are a powerful retail brand. We have a reputation for value for money, convenience and a wide range of products all in one store.
* We have grown substantially over recent years, and has experienced global expansion
* The company has a core competence involving its use of information technology to support its international logistics system.(example, inventory tracking system)
* A focused strategy is in place for human resource management and development. People are key of our business and it invests time and money in training people, and retaining a developing them.
* We are the World's largest grocery retailer, despite its IT advantages, could leave it weak in some areas due to the huge span of control.
* Since we sell products across many sectors (such as clothing, food, or stationary), it may not have the flexibility of some of its more focused competitors.
* The company is global, but has a presence in relatively few countries Worldwide.
* To take over, merge with, or form strategic alliances with other global retailers, focusing on specific markets.
* The stores are currently only trade in a relatively small number of countries.
* New locations and store types offer We opportunities to exploit market development. They diversified from large super centers, to local and mall-based sites.
* Being number one means that you are the target of competition, locally and globally.
* Being a global retailer means that you are exposed to political problems in the countries that you operate in.
* The cost of producing many consumer products tends to have fallen because of lower manufacturing costs. Manufacturing cost have fallen due to outsourcing to low-cost...