19 September 2014
Writer checklist : With each essay submitted, a Writer checklist must be included. This checklist should be submitted in the same document as your essay.
Writer's Checklist for Writing a Narrative
- Is my title and introduction enticing?
- Is my thesis effective?
- Have I included enough details so the reader can visualize my experience?
- Are the events presented in a logical sequence?
- Have I used transitions to help the sequence of events flow smoothly?
- Have I used dialogue (if appropriate)?
- Have I used a consistent point of view and verb tense?
- Is the point of my narrative evident?
- Have I ended the story satisfactorily?
- Have I proofread thoroughly?
The Tragic Event That Turned into a True Gift from God
Most parents are afraid to address the issue of intercourse with their teenager thinking that it will lead to giving consent. What a lot of people fail to realize is that it leaves teenagers, like my younger self, uneducated and free to experience intercourse in whatever way life brings it to them.
The lack of information on how pregnancy can occur and the ways that it will truly change a life (my life) at such a fragile age. Everyone has listened to a story about teenage pregnancy. The different ways that society claims to be able to prevent it or telling their personal opinions on how/why it's happening more and more. Looking in the mirror, I saw myself, seeing such an inexperienced girl unable to see her feet. As I faced myself, I realized that my life had forever been changed by the decisions that were so frivolously made.
My story began in a little town in Arkansas. It took place around late May or early June and the summer was just...