Sex is a very sensitive subject. Parents tell their kids to wait because guys can get STDÃÂs and girls can get STDÃÂs and/or pregnant, but, human emotions is a far less talked about subject. A person can get a broken heart/ rage/ and even lose trust in their partner after having sex. No one deserves to get a broken heart. Although most likely, sooner or later, everyone gets a broken heart. The impact of the broken heart can be greatly reduced if sex is avoided.
2. A couple does it for the first time. They hear the rumors that itÃÂs will be bring them closer together. Although it does bring them closer together, they get fears involved. Both of them get frightened and test for STDs. Both of them forgot to talk about STDs; a sign that they werenÃÂt prepared for sex in the first place. What if I get herpes, they think.
The only way to be 100 % sure of not getting an STD is to just not have sex in the first place.
3.Guilt is another problem that comes from sex. Guilt is easy to get. Some people get guilt from their first kiss because they think that part of their innocence is gone. Imagine the guilt that you will receive from having sex. Maybe the guilt comes from knowing how much pain youÃÂve caused your partner when they realize that the only reason you had sex with them was to satisfy your own sexual needs. Also people who are religious may think they are going to hell due to the fact that they had sex with someone they arenÃÂt married too.
4. High School relationships were not designed to last. When that breakup comes, the breakup will be 10 times harder if sex was involved in the relationship. Sex easily brings two people close together. Or at least one person closer to the other. So if one person isnÃÂt feeling it but the other one is, then the person who felt something, is going to be shattered when they lost the person who they have been so close to. Time heals all wounds but the healing time will be so much longer when sex is involved. The person may feel like it was meant to be and is crushed when they realize that it wasnÃÂt. The person can feel like they will never find anyone else in the world.
5. Girls can get shaken trust after sex. They may feel betrayed and when that happens, they will find it hard to trust anyone after that. Some girls may even feel degraded after sex. Unfortunately, they wont know anything else but sexual relationships and will keep coming back to the thing that degraded them in the first place. Sooner or later, they will be degraded beyond repair.
6. Believe it or not, sex can ruin a good relationship. Sex is a powerful thing. Usually in teenage relationships, it is just dynamite wrapped in a Christmas present; it looks good, but it will just blow up later. Sex should be handled with caution and teenagers are just not mature enough to give sex the caution and gentleness that it needs to make it fulfilling. Usually it is used just to satisfy each others sexual urges and sex was not designed for that but rather to express deep love for each other.
7. After a breakup, if sex is involved, rage could be another issue. After having sex and getting a sense of closeness, the last thing they want is a breakup, but once it happens, somebody can get a sense of rage. Rage can range anywhere from just throwing things across your room to actually attacking your ex partner. No one should have to get physically hurt over a mental wound, but it does happen which is why it would just be better if sex was avoided in the first place.
8. Why this is important for high school health students:Highschool is a time for new experiences, new friends, new loves. Everyone gets crushes sooner or later. ItÃÂs part of growing up. High School students should know that sex is something that wasnÃÂt designed for them, but for a couple who is truly in love. A lot of highschoolers make the mistake that they are in love when in all truth, itÃÂs just lust.
Bibliography:http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_ATSRH.htmlPosted 09/06http://www.frcblog.com/2007/05/top_10_facts_on_teen_sex.htmlPosted May 10th 2007http://www.frcblog.com/2007/05/top_10_facts_on_teen_sex.htmlPost Date is Unknown