1. Which part of the Compromise of 1850 made it a federal crime to aid runaway slaves?
2. In 1852, which novel further divided the nation on the issue of slavery?
3. What method did the Kansas-Nebraska Act of 1854 use to settle the slavery question?
4. What was the primary issue in the platform of the Republican Party founded in 1854?
5. Which 1857 Supreme Court decision declared that Congress had no power to ban slavery in the territories?
6. What issue was the primary subject of the Lincoln-Douglas debates of 1858?
7. Senator Stephen Douglas's "Freeport Doctrine" was associated with which policy?
8. Which historical event was an example of radical abolitionism before the Civil War?
9. Which event resulted in the secession of South Carolina from the Union in 1860?
10. The first shots of the Civil War were fired at what location on April 12, 1861?
11. Where was the first major battle of the Civil War?
12. What was Lincoln's primary goal in the Civil War?
13. What was the military strategy of the Union during the Civil War?
14. Lee's last major offensive was stopped when he was defeated at which battle?
15. In which Civil War battle did the Union take control of the Mississippi River?
16. Which Union military campaign damaged the South's ability to support the war?
17. What proclamation was issued by President Abraham Lincoln to make ending slavery a war-time goal?
18. Which general was most responsible for winning the Civil War?
19. Which Reconstruction plan was the most lenient?
20. After the Civil War ended in 1865, what amendment freed the slaves?
21. What were the Republican Congressmen who supported equal rights for African-Americans called?
22. What government agency was created to...