1. Why team working is important to organization like EKATO? How does the organization develop self managed teams?
Teamwork improves communication, it isn't just about exchanging information - it is about ideas, feelings, hopes and desires, we find this when we communicate with people we trust and respect.
Other advantages of teamwork are:
1. High output and productivity
2. Improving quality and encouraging innovation
3. Improving employee motivation and commitment
4. Individual targets are achieved
5. Increase customer satisfaction
6. Flattening of organizations
7. Reduce staff turnover, accidents, errors and complaints.
8. Flexibility and quicker decision
9. Satisfying and enjoyable working environment.
10. Exploiting (take the advantage of ) technological advance
11. Workforce diversity
A team is a formal work group whose members work internally with each other to achieve a common objective. A self-managed team is a small group of employees responsible for an entire work process, improve their operation or product, plan their work, resolve day-to-day problems, and manage themselves.
U. S companies including Ford Motor company, Digital Equipment and Boeing report many positive benefits from their experience with self-managed teams including higher productivity, improved quality and lower turnover.
Team Development and Evolution
EXATO vision it self as a services organization involve in providing solutions for mixing problems, rather than just designing and manufacturing of mixing machines. EKATO objective was to design a flexible and optimized production facility at a realistic cost, while creating an attractive environment to foster innovation. Therefore the new building was designed to support a cell-based, self-managing culture.
Before the change to self managing culture, an extensive consultation and participation programme was conducted. This was based around people, process, technological and architectural strategies. A planning groups consisting of both workers and representatives of the workers' council was formed to discuss any affect on employees...