New Server Features
* Disk Quotas- Allows administrators to control disk user disk usage keeping files and folders at a manageable size
* Disk Defragmenter- With a defragmenter included there is no reason to purchase third party software lowering the total cost of ownership
* NTFS 5- Supports compression, encryption, quotas, and up to 2TB volume size
* Intellimirror- Extends the desktop polices to remote laptop users regardless of physical locations
- Allows the administrator remote powers to upgrade, service, and install software on a central computer.
- Also allows the administrator to remotely install operating systems on computers in the network.
* Kerberos Security- Provides strong authentication services for client/server applications using cryptography
* Clustering and Load Balancing-
* Support for up to 8 Processors- Multiple processor support makes Windows 2000 Advanced server a good choice for enterprise applications such as Microsoft SQL and Exchange
* Supports up to 8 GB of RAM- Compliments the processor support and continues the scalability for enterprise applications
* Enterprise Memory Architecture- application memory tuning is also known as 4-gigabyte tuning (4GT), and Physical Address Extension (PAE)
* Device Manager- Provides a centralized area for managing, upgrading, and installing devices
* Multiple Monitor Support- Allows administrators to view more applications at once
* I2O support is an architecture that allows for I/O devices to obtain a higher performance.
* Plug-and-Play- Eases the installation of peripheral devices
* Removable Storage - allows for rarely used files to be moved to inexpensive tapes or optical disks when free disk space drops below a specified level
* Disk Management
- Dynamic volumes work outside the limit of four partitions per disk
- Local and remote drive management
- Volume mount points can mount a local drive on any empty folder on a local NTFS disk...