Project Management Theory and practice

Essay by phuoctien07University, Ph.D.A+, May 2009

download word file, 24 pages 3.0 1 reviews

La Ville Contemporaine Business BayPhase 1 & 2 Infrastructure WorksSpread across an impressive area of 64 million square feet of freehold projects, Business Bay spells innovation in terms of opportunity, lifestyle, and features. Commercial and residential towers amidst landscaped gardens and a network of roads, pathways and canals are set to usher in a lifestyle of class and convenience.

This ambitious development will harness Dubai Creek's legendary heritage of trade and give it a modern facelift. Set along a new extension of Dubai Creek extending form Ras Al Khor to Sheikh Zayed Road, Business Bay will be the new growth corridor of commercial Dubai, offering a model environment and infrastructure to businesses across the world.

1. Background:Business Bay has been planned as a major new Central Business District (CBD) for Dubai. The Business Bay development entails two phases, listed as follows:· Phase 1. Land between Al Quoz and the Burj Dubai (highest building in the world) project· Phase 2.

Land to the east of Phase 1Conceived as a mixed-use development, the Business Bay project exemplifies the quality of its planning, design, innovation and construction. Business Bay is a "city within a city", a landmark development linking it to the existing Sheikh Zayed Road business community, including Dubai World Trade Centre and Burj Dubai.The total area of the project is 436.60 hectares including the area of water creek and water bodies which is 90.96 hectares.

24.8% of Business Bay Phases 1 and 2 has been allocated in the form of waterways, i.e. the creek extension, with the remaining 75.2 percent of land being utilised for development and associated infrastructure.

Please see dwg no 1 in appendix A2. Introduction:My project in which I am working is located in dubai, UAE called La Ville Contemporaine (hereafter referred to as LVC)...