1) In 1918, the year of the revolution, when her family was killed, Anastasia was 17. In the movie she was about 10.
2) Not all of her family was killed that day. In fact only Anastasia, her parents Emperor Nicholas Romanov, Empresses Alexandra, Agnostic's sisters Olga, Tatiana and Maria, and her younger brother Alexei were killed on that day. Later in that month, Anastasia's uncle Mikhail was murdered in Perm, her aunt Grand Duchess Elizabeth, her uncle Grand Duke Sergei Mikhailovich, along with a few other relatives in Alapaevsk.
3) Anastasia was not a princess. She was a grand duchess. Her mother was born a princess, but Anastasia was not. Her mother was a princess of the British royal family.
4) Anastasia's grandmother, the Dowager Empress Marie, was not the only surviving member of the family. Anastasia's aunt Grand Duchess Xenia and her husband Sandro also escaped, along with their daughter Irina and her husband Felix Yusupov, Anastasia's uncle Grand Duke Nikolai Nikolaevich, his family, and other relatives.
5) When the Bolsheviks (terrorists, or freedom fighters, depending on which side you were on) killed Anastasia's family, at Iapatiev House, in the Ural Mountains, they were alone, not having a ball. They (Anastasia, her parents and siblings) were shot dead in the basement as well as some servants.
6) The Dowager Empress Marie escaped, escaped Russia in the spring of 1919, almost a year after Anastasia's family had been killed. She rode on the British cruiser ship the Marlborough to Denmark, not France.
7) In 1991 when the bodies of Anastasia's family where found, two where missing. One was Alexei, her younger brother, and one was either Anastasia, Maria or Tatiana. It is suspected that they were cremated, not buried.
8) Anastasia did not have a particularly special...