Topic #1 Review Terms: Introduction and Basics of Human Geography
Large scale maps
Small scale maps
Situation (relative location)
GPS (Global Positioning System)
GIS (Geographical Information Systems)
Types of regions:
Sense of place
Space time compression
Types of diffusion:
1. the science of maps and map making
2. way to transfer 3D reality to 2D plains
3. The act of distorting something, misrepresenting something.
4. A measurement to find the distances between two locations, by converting the distance between the locations.
5. shows a lot of details on a smaller area
6. shows few details on a large area
7.an area of space
8. An unlimited expansion, where everything is located.
9. A location that has been transformed by physical and human forces.
10. Physical position in relation to the surroundings.
-relative location: location in relevance to different landmarks
11. A system of satellites, tracking stations, and receivers to determine the precise absolute locations on Earth.
12. Use of aircraft and satellites to observe and measure the earth's surface
13. A computer system that captures, stores, analyzes, and displays data.
14. Landscape that have been changed by human society which reflects culture and customs of the people that settled there.
15. types of regions: Formal: An area that has similarities in terms of one or a few physical or cultural features.
16. Areas organized around cores or nodes, they are organized around interactions and connections between places.
17. Areas of land that are believed to exist as part of their cultural identity.
18. Feelings associated with experience and memories associated with a...